The Texas Mass Choir gives to qualified students who are members of Texas Mass Choir.
Texas Mass Choir of the Gospel Music Workshop of America in efforts to encourage our youth to better prepare themselves for their future will offer financial support to qualified applicants. Two students will be selected each year, preferably a boy and a girl.
- The applicant must be actively involved in his or her local chapter and Texas Mass Youth Choir.
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or its equivalent, or presently
enrolled in college or a technical institution accredited by the state.
Prospective recipients must provide the following:
- Proof of being accepted or enrolled
- Current grade point average
- Typed essay, 250 or more words, expressing their needs, goals and ways he or she will share with community, church, local chapter and Texas Mass.
- The money will be paid directly to student to aid with tuition and/or books.
- Students interested in receiving a scholarship should make an application in writing to Texas Mass Choir Scholarship Committee by the June Workshop of each year. All are able to apply, however priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Students receiving scholarship must remain a full time student, maintaining a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 system.
- A total of $1,000.00 will be divided equally between two students. Funds will be derived from general funds, and special scholarship appeal offerings. Funds will be dispersed $250.00 per semester per student. Proof of grade point average and hours must be provide prior to the disbursement of second semester's fund.
- The scholarship will be in effect for the following school year.
Click below to download an application form. A PDF version of the policy may also be downloaded.Scholarship Application Form